Episode 58 of the Social Business Engine podcast features my interview with Luc Vezina, CEO of Vanilla Forums. Luc and I dove into detail on the ins and outs of a forum-based, branded online community. Tune in to hear our full conversation on the benefits a branded online community can have for your business and your customers. You’ll hear about a B2C example at Big Green Egg and a B2B example that uses gamification at ShipStation.
On This Episode You’ll Discover:
- The why, the what and the how of building a forum-based branded online community.
- The difference between modern day branded online forums versus the web 1.0 forums, typically for hobbyists.
- Why there are public and private branded forums.
- The benefits of having a forum based online community for your brand.
- How to use branded forums to identify advocates and/or influencers you may want to engage.
- The ins and outs of online forums for internal use.
- The customer-service cost deflection potential of a branded online community.
- How you can boost your SEO while saving money with public online forums.
- Why you should consider creating a branded online forum instead of, or in addition to a Facebook or LinkedIn Group.
- How you can build excitement within your forum and gain new customers with “social proof.”
- Why and how to incorporate gamification in branded online forums.
- A B2C and a B2B example of a branded online community.
- The one thing Luc Vezina would change about business is premised on the openness of the digital age.
The post The Benefits of a Branded Forum-Based Online Community appeared first on Social Business Engine.