Keynotes by Eileen McDargh
Since 1980, internationally recognized keynote speaker, master facilitator, and award-winning author, Eileen McDargh, has helped organizations and individuals create conversations that matter and connections that count. Executive Excellence consistently ranks her among the top 50 leadership thought leaders. Audiences call her profound yet playful, provocative yet pragmatic. And for these challenging times, they also call her The Hope Merchant! Her articles have appeared in countless publications and two of her six books have been awarded national recognition, including the Ben Franklin Gold Award. As a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) and a recipient of the prestigious Speaker Hall of Fame honor (CPAE), Eileen ranks among the top speaking professionals in the United States.
Staying Rightside Up In A World That’s Upside Down
“Nobody ever downsized their way to greatness.”
– Eileen McDargh
Radically turbulent times demand professional and personal responses that transcend our regular work and life patterns. It’s not about happy faces on mirrors and mantras on coffee mugs. It’s not about hanging on while holding back. It’s about times when you feel someone ate your cheese, drained the swamp, and went from great to less-than-good. Eileen’s book The Resilient Spirit is an ideal gift that can be personalized as a
take-home reminder of powerful lessons.
Radical resilience requires the courage to challenge, commit, and contribute in ways that positively impact both today as well as many tomorrows.
Based upon the length of the presentation, participants will:
- Discover how to grow the skills of adaptability, agility, laugh-ability, and alignment for producing results that put YOU in control of your
- Learn a four-part model for methodically tackling the tough issues you currently face.
- Explore what great leaders do to inspire teams to stay in the game and thrive. (And it has NOTHING to do with money!) Get them energized, actualized,
authorized, and gratified.
- Develop a personal legacy leadership goal that defies downturns and disappointments.
The “soft stuff” of business is always the hardest part of business.
It’s time to START talking and get back to work! Create a competitive edge in engaging and retaining talented employees and customers on the most human of playing fields: conversation. Without that connection, there is no energy of engagement.
Discover the secret of viewing points, orange batons and Little Davids in creating teams and fostering loyalty. The latest report from DDI reports that more than 40% of leaders crave soft skills that can help them work better with others.
The results will be:
- Clear understanding of what energizes employees and what depletes.
- Connected and cohesive stakeholders.
- Candid conversations that can generate a renewed commitment.
Work for a Living and Still Be Free to Live: The Secret for a Resilient Lift
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
– Howard Thurman
Balance is baloney! Discover a better metaphor for the realities of living in a 24/7 world. Learn the power of choice and how to conduct a C.A.T. scan of your life. Develop strategies to create a life by YOUR design and not by default.
A critical topic for all walks of life and one Eileen has followed since authoring the first book ever written on this topic.
Make no mistake—everyone works—whether for free or fee!
How can you work smart and live happier? Is it even possible to have work/life balance in this fast-paced, frantic world? From senior executives to front line employees, this issue is key to the changing nature of America’s workforce and today’s world.
We hear about the need to balance personal and work priorities, but how do you go from burned out to fired up? How can we juggle the many responsibilities and demands on our busy lives?
In this insightful and interactive program you will:
1. Understand why traditional models of balance no longer work in these times
2. Discover how to conduct your own “CAT” scan of life.
3. Acquire the skills to “sail” within the five critical areas of living.
4. Create your own action plan for juggling the demands of your fast-paced life.
5. Develop personal strategies for creating “a life by design, not be default”.
6. Learn at least three methods for effective self-management and self-improvement
that you can put to work immediately.
Leveraging Your Career To Fit YOUR Authentic Self
A good career fit is not like squeezing into Spanx. Nope! It means thinking, listening,and sensing where, when and how to craft actions that bring you from good work to great work! The result: you feel GREAT and you stop the busywork and start the work that matters. It begins from the inside out.
In this session, you will:
- Discover the difference between UGH work, Good Work and GREAT work.
- Explore through exercises how to identify what is uniquely YOUR authentic work.
- Learn how to ask for what you want and three possible steps to leverage you into
your GREAT/Authentic work.
- Understand the difference between a mentor and a sponsor.
- Explore the six qualities of charisma and how to develop these qualities so that
you attract people to you and your authentic work.
Resilient Relationships: Surviving and Thriving With Difficult People
Life would be easy if it weren’t for other people! Would you like to turn from mad to glad with your colleagues and customers?
Eileen can show you how.
This session focuses on improving relationships at work through successfully dealing
with people. Using humor and examples, Eileen will guide participants through the
process of learning how to defuse anger in themselves and others. They will discover
how to identify and understand problem behavior and how to use systematic methods
for handling such behaviors.
Participants will also:
- Understand techniques for “scripting” and creating rapport
- Identify the behavior of difficult people and personal responses to such behaviors
- Focus on effective responses to the hostile-aggressive trio
- Discover the 4-step model for handling anger on and off the phone
- Learn the difference between difficult people and people within a difficult situation
- Identify self-management tools for developing rapport and maintaining inner calm
and integrity under pressure
Please note: This session can also be interactive; including role-play, phone
Eileen took our group of 300 women on an unexpected journey that had us laughing, crying and even dancing in the aisles. Her poignant stories resonated with our audience.
You were the best speaker, so engaging and so real and filled with heart! Thank you for sharing your gifts at ESPN.
WOW, Fantastic, Superb, Life-changing’… These are some of the words that were used to describe Eileen’s vibrant and inspirational talks that she gave for our Consultants at two national conferences for Thirty-One Gifts.
Orange County, CA