Keynotes by Steve Dunlap
Digital Disruption and Innovation in Financial Services
(for an additional fee this talk can be customized to other industries)
Digital technologies are rocking the financial services world. Customers expect more. Transparency is the name of the game. “Toll takers” will not survive, and paper forms must die! This speech is a call to action in which Steve weaves together numerous trends and developments in our society including crowdfunding, Moore’s Law, 3-D printing, nanotechnology, and blockchain technologies to tell a larger story about how the world will change in the future and what that means to financial services firms.
Attendees will learn:
- What is driving higher customer expectations and how can they be met with UX, big data, and analytics.
- What are roboadvisors and are they friend or foe? How must the industry adapt to the coming ubiquity of this technology?
- How can financial advisors avoid the fate of travel agents?
- Why must the customer be the center of all strategic planning?
- What is big data and how can it help provide a better customer experience with better results?
- How does context and education beat jargon and complexity?
If your financial services firm is grappling with issues of digital transformation, this entertaining, inspirational and thought-provoking talk will get the strategic juices flowing and help you leverage technology as an advantage rather than a threat.
Corporate-Speak vs. Social Engagement: Leadership and Teamwork in the Social Age
We’ve all endured boring, bromide-laced corporate all-hands meetings at some point, and we all know the world has moved on from the hierarchical leadership model. But what replaces it? How can firms create highly effective and engaged teams? What makes an effective leader in today’s business environment?
One of Steve’s senior staff members once referred to him as a “marriage counselor,” a perfect illustration of his long track record building effective teams, mentoring team members, and fostering collaboration that achieves shared goals. In this talk, he draws on 25 years of executive leadership, offering up personal anecdotes, funny and inspirational stories that illustrate the way to ensure success by incorporating modern leadership methods and social media tools into your organization.
Attendees will learn:
- Why leaders should give before they get, and why they’ll get more if they do.
- Why a meaningful shared vision is critical to your success, and how to create one.
- What it means to be “human” and why it’s the most important aspect of leadership.
- How to create a culture where people hear what they need to hear, rather than what they want to hear.
- Why you should encourage your team members to raise their visibility on social media and in the marketplace.
- How leaders can get their people to tell them what they REALLY need to hear.
This talk is inspirational and motivational, and focuses on key techniques and ideas that can be implemented by managers and staff as soon as they return to the office. Concepts are communicated with anecdote, humor, and analogy, and because the talk is so entertaining, the lessons are thoroughly absorbed.
Manhattan Beach, CA
The way Steve simplified complicated concepts and related them to larger social trends was fascinating. His energy and passion really kept the audience engaged!
I enjoyed the talk so much, I’m considering having Steve come speak to my company. He really understands the subject matter and has an exciting vision for the future.